- The Pride had 11 different goal scorers with junior attackman Jay Card leading the way with five.
- University of Denver transfer Jamie Lincoln, who scored 48 goals as in 2008 for the Pioneers, did not dress for the England game. He also missed last weekend's Nick Colleluori Classic to try out for the Canadian national team so head coach Seth Tierney will have to wait until the Pride's first pre-season scrimmage on Feb. 6 at Syracuse to see the Canadian attackman in game action.
- Sophomore goalie Andrew Gvozden and freshman Robert Bellairs split time in the cage with both making some solid saves. Freshman Kyle Dillon, a North Las Vegas native, played the final eight minutes and recorded one save.
- Senior Michael Vaccarro took the majority of the faceoffs and won many cleanly, which helped create some quick transition goals. The former walk-on out of Plano, Texas should be the number one-faceoff specialist in 2010 after Joe Montemurro transferred to Muhlenberg College to play football.
- Hofstra was on offense for about 70% of the game with Team England only having 12 offensive possessions inside the Pride restraining box.
- Hofstra released its 2010 schedule with the season opening up on Feb. 27 at Princeton followed by three straight home games on March 6 against Brown., March 13 versus Johns Hopkins and a March 20 battle with former Colonial Athletic Association foe Sacred Heart. Some other schedule highlights include a short-road trip to St. John's on March 23, home games against traditional lacrosse powers Army on March 30 and Towson on May 1 and facing Delaware in the Inside Lacrosse-Konica-Minolta Big City Classic triple-header at the new Meadowlands Stadium on April 10 at 1 p.m.
In the Crease for Hofstra men's lacrosse vs. Team England
I attended tonight’s men’s lacrosse exhibition game between Hofstra and Team England at Shuart Stadium with the Pride winning 19-4. No official stats were taken but below are some key notes I observed from the game, which was played in four 20 minute quarters with running time.